10 Ways to Remove Tempting Foods from Your Diet
Updated: Aug 15, 2019
This is one of the best and easiest tips to keep your nutrition on track. Processed foods, fried foods, foods high in saturated fat, sugary snacks and liquids can all throw you off-track when trying to lose fat from your body. Make a clean start and remove any foods that may tempt you during times of hunger, boredom or stress.
The harder you make it to reach for less than optimal food choices, the easier it is to give into temptation. Try these tactics to remove or eliminate food temptations from your house.
1. Empty your pantry, refrigerator and snack drawers from all temptation foods from your house.
2. Stock healthy fruits and snacks in plain sight.
3. If you need to eat a sweet or salty snack, Purchase treats in single serving packets.
4. Drink a glass of water if you feel tempted.
5. Avoid getting extremely hungry.
6. Avoid eating while watching TV or when you are on the computer.
7. Pack a healthy snack for times at work when you are tempted.
8. Keep a healthy emergency snack stash in your car for when you are hungry or craving sweets.
9. Eat more protein to keep hunger and cravings at bay.
10. If you need to have temptation food in the house, store it in a hard to reach location.