Updated: Aug 15, 2019
If you are looking for a way to increase your vegetable and fiber intake, try this recipe from Marianne Dietrick-Gallagher. Delicious and good for you!
· Head of cauliflower, cut into small bite-sized pieces (I like to make these fairly small, but bigger than cauliflower rice)
· 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed and patted dry
· 1 cup chopped red onion (about 1/4 of a large red onion)
· 1 cup chopped green pepper (about 1/2 of a large pepper)
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 2 teaspoons chili powder
· 3/4 teaspoon cumin
· 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
Toppings: pickled red onions, cotija cheese, red cabbage, cilantro, avocado, sour cream, jalapeño, etc.
The taco sauce is drizzled over the tacos.
Mix all ingredients together. Place in a single layer into a parchment paper lined pan. Set oven to 425 degrees. Stir after 20 minutes then cook for an additional 15 minutes (or longer) until the cauliflower is browning. (The chickpeas will be slightly crisp).
Place a few spoonfuls of the cauliflower mixture on a tortilla, add toppings, and drizzle with the sauce (recipe below)
Taco Sauce III
· 1/2 cup sour cream
· 1/3 cup Mayo (can substitute Greek yogurt for some of this, although I never tried that)
· 2 Tbsp lime juice from 1 medium lime
· 1 tsp garlic powder
· Cayenne pepper to taste (or 1 tsp Sriracha sauce or to taste)