Dark Chocolate Avocado Truffles Spiked w/ Jamaican Rum Creme:
Updated: Aug 15, 2019
Thanks to SFL client Erika K. for this delicious dessert recipe from our Fall Recipe Night.
(photo of truffles not available - We ate them all!)
6oz Dark chocolate morsels
1/3c mashed avocado
Dash/pinch of salt
1 1/2 teaspoon liquor of choice (eg, Jamaican Rum Creme, Godiva Liquor, etc) or for non-alcoholic, 1/2t vanilla extract
Dark cocoa for dusting, or other treats of choice for outer coating (eg. Coconut, crushed nuts, etc)
1) Melt chocolate, pinch of salt, & liquor (or vanilla extract) in a heat proof bowl over boiling water, n keep mixing over heat until well melted.
2) Remove from heat, add mashed avocado & mix until avocado is well mixed in.
3) Let cool/harden in refrigerator for 20-30 min.
4) Spoon mixture into palm & roll into ball. Roll in dark cocoa for dusting, or other treats of choice for outer coating.
5) If not serving immediately, store in refrigerator. Makes about 20-24 small truffles or 12 larger truffles.