Healthy Turkey Chili Recipe
Updated: Aug 15, 2019
Thanks to everyone who attended our Fall recipe night. A special thanks to Adam, Erika, Chrissy, Leslie, Tracey, Natalie, and Marianne for preparing some very delicious and healthy recipes. Here is the recipe for healthy Turkey Chili.
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1 lb 99% lean ground turkey
· 1 medium yellow onion, diced
· 1 red pepper, chopped
· 1 yellow pepper, chopped
· 1 (15 oz) cans tomato sauce
· 1 (15 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes
· 1 (15 oz) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
· 1 (15oz) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
· 2 pack McCormick’s chili powder
· 1 tablespoon cumin
· Salt and black pepper, to taste
· Optional toppings: shredded cheese, avocado
1. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place turkey in the skillet and cook until brown. Pour turkey into slow cooker.
2. Add the onion, peppers, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, beans, jalapeños, corn, chili powder, and cumin. Stir and season with salt and pepper.
3. Cover and cook on High for 4 hours or low for 6 hours. Serve with toppings, if desired.
Adapted from: Two Peas & Their Pod
I reduced the number of cans of tomato sauce and beans by half and eliminated corn and jalapenos. I also substituted 2 packets of McCormick’s chili powder, (1 hot and 1 Tex Mex) in place of 2 tablespoons of chili powder.